what will riley look like???

The second youngest member of the Combs-Donoho family.

Moderator: Shez

KT_16
Big fan

Postby KT_16 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:46 am

Although she’s a star, Holly prefers avoiding the limelight as much as she can. “I’m not great at dealing with [the media],” She admits. “When kids come up to me to talk to me and say they love the show I’m almost as nervous as they are and it makes me feel like a total goon!”

Holly hopes to shield her son form the media as much as she can. She says, “When I see Reese Witherspoon trying to go to the grocery store with her kids and there are photographers following her it just breaks my heart. I think, ‘She’s just trying to buy eggs…and you’ve got to document it for the world.’” Holly thinks it would be difficult to raise a child under those circumstances: “How do you raise a normal kid when you have to explain that there are strange men in the bushes taking your picture?”

But despite the pressures of Hollywood life, Holly, and her husband are both grateful they’ll be able to offer their child all the things they could never have when they were younger. “We had to struggle for everything we got,” Holly says, “so it’s important to use to make sure that this kid has everything we didn’t.” Then she adds with a smile, “I’m sure he’ll be spoiled rotten and we’ll be overcompensating a little!”

And Holly is definitely looking forward to the magic of motherhood. Because she spent so much of her young life alone, she says, “To be part of a family unit is going to be a whole new experience for me.” This talented actress is very excited to add the role of mother to her growing list of accomplishments and to be completely bewitched by her own little charmed one.

Holly lives in San Fernando Valley and not in the middle of LA where most of the paparazzi is. That's how the Donoho family avoid the paparazzi's.

Note: The article was written when she was pregnant with Finley. Not Riley, I chose to put it in the Riley section as her opinion is most likely the same with Riley as with Finley.

Holly has chosen not to show any pictures of Riley because there are crazy people out there and we've all seen how whacked up people abduct actor's and actresse's babies for money. By not showing photo's of her youngest son, she's avoiding all that. No one can abduct a baby they don't know what looks like!

saskia
Fanatic

Postby saskia » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:41 pm

I totally agree! She's a great mom! So protective to her kids, because i'm sure she still has the same parenting-feelings towards Riley! It's been four years now since Finley was born, and it seems to work great to keep in the 'dime-lights'. Very well done!

Lots of Love, Saskia

hollyjasonkrisfan
Big fan

Postby hollyjasonkrisfan » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:42 pm

Thanks so much for posting this, KT_16!
I'm actually glad that Holly hasn't shared pics of Riley. As much as I'd love to see what he looks like, I'm sure he is adorable and I am glad Holly is protecting her kids from all the chaos of Hollywood. As much as I love looking at pictures of the adorable Finley, it often saddens me how obsessed people become with him. He's not an actor, he is just the child of an actress-- just a normal kid. Both of Holly's children deserve normal childhoods.

HMCAlways721
Obsessed fan

Postby HMCAlways721 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:16 pm

This is such a great article! And no doubt she feels the same way about both her kids in terms of releasing pictures. It shows. With Finley, she pretty much couldn't help showing pictures of him here and there because she was still on Charmed at the time. But now, she can avoid showing pictures of Riley to the public, which I think is wonderful. Having that option must be so nice for her and her family. I imagine that when and if she wants to release pictures of Riley, she will. But definitely not before then.

I really love how protective she is of both Finley and Riley. And the fact that she's not a limelight hog is something else that I really adore about her, too. She's just a normal woman with an exceptional talent. And she's such a terrific mother, too. Her kids are very lucky!

Return to “Riley Edward Donoho”