PLL new eps in January(2011):Ella is going to seek and find!

Holly's latest project: ABC Family network TV show based on the Pretty Little Liars series of young adult novels by Sara Shepard. 22 episodes have been ordered so far. <b>Season 3 starts on June 5th (2012) at 8/7c on ABC Family!</b>
pheobe
#1 Fan

PLL new eps in January(2011):Ella is going to seek and find!

Postby pheobe » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:37 am

Those on the east coast have just finished wathcing Pretty Little Liars' mid-season/summer finale. We'll have to wait until January 3, 2011 for new episodes but shooting begins in September already.

Barely a minute before "Keep Your Friends Close" aired, ABC Family finished their chat with the exacutive producer and writer of the show, Marlene King. She had lots to say, including some info about Ella Montgomery!

Marlene says: "We have a great story line for Ella coming up. She is going [to] seek and find."
What do you think? It sounds like it's time for Ella to start dating younger men, as Holly has feared. I'm sure many of us are happy she's finding somebody more deserving than Byron... Or maybe it's something else entirely?

But will Ella's husband Byron and Hanna's mother Ashley be hooking up as last week's episode hinted? "I love that Ashley and Byron are becoming friends. Will it lead to more? We'll see."

Full twitter chat:

Q1: @daphnou8: Is it hard to put a book into a tv show and not making it the exact same story?
MK: sara wrote such amazing characters and stories, the only hard part is deciding how to use the wealth of material she created.

Q2: @shawneiko: Is Alison going to be portrayed as anything but evil on the show? The girls allude to it, but there's no proof it's true!
MK: as the show continues we will see that Ali was a friend to them but a frienemy at the same time.

Q3: @KYLEKOUTECKY: Is Toby still alive?
MK: tonight you will find out the truth about Toby.

Q4: @channylover1322: Is it better to have read the books first or can you just watch the show???
MK: my goal is to write a show that is fun to watch for all. If you have read books we only add and surprise you.

Q5: @xxToeKneexx123: Will there be 1 full season of Pretty Little Liars since the show is going through the storyline of the books so fast?
MK: We have so many fun stories to tell. The show will run for years and secrets will continue to shock and astound you.

Q6: @FrenchSteph Did you expect the show to be a big success?
MK: I hoped we would tap into the success of the books and I am so happy viewers have embraced the show!

Q7: @SOMEB0DYTOLOVE: which was your fav. episode to create? :)
MK: The pilot and summer finale are so far my favorite episodes. They entice and deliver.

Q8: @mtmac7: Will the relationship between Aria and Ezra continue throughout the rest of the seasons?
MK: The summer finale answers a big Aria Ezra questions and brings you some important new developments.

Q9: @susanrb: From the previews I've seen for tonight, they've mentioned "glamping", is this an original concept or was it from the books?
MK: I went glamping last summer and thought it would be a fun new twist to introduce people to.

Q10: @WhOaGRL: Have you gotten any negative feedback with the Emily &Maya storyline? if So, how do you deal with it?
MK: Emily and Maya have proven to be relatable and embraced by viewers and that thrills me.

Q11: @shannon121496: Hey, so whats it like working with the cast?
MK: the cast is my most favorite part of the job. They are kind, talented and teach me so much about life.

Q12: @NancyDrewGal: Can you describe Ashley, Shay, Lucy, and Troian in one word? :)
MK: KIND.

Q13: @WeHeartTroian: Who's story in the show is most intriguing to you?
MK: Alison continues to amaze me. She is extremely comlplex.

Q14: @Edith_Camargo: Will Hanna and Lucas' relationship develop when the series returns?
MK: Hanna and Lucas will develop a relationship that is separate from the books but will deepen with time.

Q15: @SaraJordao: what is the character you relate the most, and why?
MK: There is more than one thing about each PLL that I relate to. I think they are universally real for me and others.

Q16: @kcostaaa: will we be seeing more of Ella when the show returns?
MK: We have a great story line for Ella coming up. She is going seek and find.

Q17: @callistahogan: What can we expect from Spencer in the coming episodes, both the summer finale and the continuation in the winter?
MK: Spencer will find herself thrown into the middle of both family and mystery drama.

Q18: @iamnotashley: Is there going to be a relationship between Ashley and Byron when the show continues?
MK: I love that Ashley and Byron are becoming friends. Will it lead to more? We'll see.

Q19: @wildgurl14: Did Lucas Trash The Memorial?
MK: Lucas is so kind and giving to Hanna but he also harbors some deep wound that need to heal.

Q20: @taytay096: is Ian going to be on the show more??
MK: tonight's episode will bring answer your question about Ian (the character)

Q21: @khaeiycee: who did you cast first, Nia or Shay? Coz u did good pairing those 2 as mother and daughter.
MK: We cast Shay as Emily and the moment Nia walked in the door we knew she had to play her mother.

Q22: @kenya_bulldawgs: Will Aria's parents work out their differences?? will aria tell anyone about her relationship with Mr. Fitz
MK: Aria and Ezra will find themselves in an interesting spot after tonight.

Q23: @stephshamie: Was is hard casting Ali's character being that she isn't really in the show except for flash backs?
MK: when we met Sasha I new immediately that she was Ali.

Q24: @ambcat: will we ever find out how alison died?
MK: Watch and see.

Q25: @Chaudberry: Was the awesome bond between Emily and Toby planned?
MK: We wanted Emily and Toby to have an interesting relationship but the chemistry they was a great surprise.

Q26: @No1Dallas: huge fan of the show.how mad are we gonna get tonight? Is it a big cliffhanger?!?!
MK: tonight's episode is definitely a cliffhanger. But don't get mad, jump off your couch and scream with delight.

MK: I minute till show time if you are east coast. Hurry and turn on the tv and. Lots of love and thank you for watching and tweeting. xo
Last edited by pheobe on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HollyMarieCombs.info staff member

Shez
Admirer

Re: PLL new eps in January (2011): Ella is going seek and fi

Postby Shez » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:55 pm

pheobe wrote:Those on the east coast have just finished wathcing Pretty Little Liars' mid-season/summer finale. We'll have to wait until January, 2011 for new episodes but shooting begins in September already.

Barely a minute before "Keep Your Friends Close" aired, ABC Family finished their chat with the exacutive producer and writer of the show, Marlene King. She had lots to say, including some info about Ella Montgomery!

Marlene says: "We have a great story line for Ella coming up. She is going seek and find."
What do you think? It sounds like it's time for Ella to start dating younger men, as Holly has feared. I'm sure many of us are happy she's finding somebody more deserving than Byron... Or maybe it's something else entirely?

But will Ella's husband Byron and Hanna's mother Ashley be hooking up as last week's episode hinted? "I love that Ashley and Byron are becoming friends. Will it lead to more? We'll see."

[/quote]

Sounds good for Ella...I missed the Twitter Chat coz it was 12am over here in the UK - so thank you for postin it!
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”

Michael Jackson XxX

Snake
Major fan

Postby Snake » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Its about time Ella had a big storyline, It will give Holly a chance to "Stretch Her legs" in the role, I for one am looking forward to seeing more of Her.

pheobe
#1 Fan

Postby pheobe » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:05 pm

I'm excited too. I just hope they don't give her the generic dating-again-storyline. So far the show has put a special spin on everything, hopefully this won't be an exception.

Ella's character lacks depth. If I had to describe Ella, I wouldn't know what to say. Supposedly she has a laid back attitude towards raising children, but I haven't really seen much of it. They've just had her say they're "an informal family". The painting bit is a step in the right direction, I think.

Just... more Holly, please.

KT_16
Big fan

Postby KT_16 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:53 pm

I LOVED the scene between Aria and her Mom in yesterday's episode. It was just so well done and very very well played by Lucy and Holly. They look so much alike. I'm pretty sure we'll get to see Holly way more in the other eppies =)

Shez
Admirer

Postby Shez » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:27 am

Snake wrote:Its about time Ella had a big storyline, It will give Holly a chance to "Stretch Her legs" in the role, I for one am looking forward to seeing more of Her.

I can't wait either... I hope it won't be too dramatic!!

Atleas this will mean that Holy has a chance to make the character of 'Ella' hers.. she can add things to her character - if they let her :-)
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”

Michael Jackson XxX

Snake
Major fan

Postby Snake » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:05 pm

Shez wrote:
Snake wrote:Its about time Ella had a big storyline, It will give Holly a chance to "Stretch Her legs" in the role, I for one am looking forward to seeing more of Her.

Atleas this will mean that Holy has a chance to make the character of 'Ella' hers.. she can add things to her character - if they let her :-)

I agree, Holly will make the character Her own, Like She did with Piper and Kimberly, She is good at that.

Shez
Admirer

Postby Shez » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:30 pm

Snake wrote:
Shez wrote:

I agree, Holly will make the character Her own, Like She did with Piper and Kimberly, She is good at that.

Yep she's fantastic at that.... I hope she becomes a Producer for the show sometime. I know it's a long shot but I hope it happens and I hope there are a lot of seasons!! :lol: :D

Michael Jackson XxX

pheobe
#1 Fan

Postby pheobe » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:45 pm

According to cinematographer Dana Gonzales, today is first day of prep for episode 11 of Pretty Little Liars. Won't be long until shooting begins again!

Shez
Admirer

Postby Shez » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:57 pm

pheobe wrote:According to cinematographer Dana Gonzales, today is first day of prep for episode 11 of Pretty Little Liars. Won't be long until shooting begins again!

Thatbsounds good... It doesn't seem that long to wait for the next episodes now! I guess we can all watch Charmed instead LOL!!

Michael Jackson XxX

pheobe
#1 Fan

Postby pheobe » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:24 am

A spoiler from Watch With Kristin:
Sarah in Massapequa, N.Y.: Am I the only person sensing some romantic tension between Aria’s dad Byron (Chad Lowe) and Hanna’s mom Ashley (Laura Leighton) on Pretty Little Liars?

Trust us, you are definitely not the only one catching the pair’s meaningful stares and ever-growing connection, but there might be someone standing in their way when this guiltiest of guilty pleasures returns, and that someone ain’t his estranged wife, Ella (Holly Marie Combs). We caught up with Amanda Schull, aka Byron’s former mistress Meredith, who tells us fans will be seeing more of her in the second half of the season: “As far as I know I will be [back]. I don’t know the details of that but I know that the story line, especially the story lines in the book say I will be.” Well, according to the books she’s around for a (pregnant pause)… long time. Oops, was that too obvious?

Alexia

Postby Alexia » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:12 pm

I am not sure it's the right place to post this but I don't know where I should! So sorry :)

Well, Marlene King has just tweeted episode 11 title : Moments Later! :D

pheobe
#1 Fan

Postby pheobe » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:30 am

Alexia wrote:I am not sure it's the right place to post this but I don't know where I should! So sorry :)

Well, Marlene King has just tweeted episode 11 title : Moments Later! :D
No, this is a good place. :)

Thanks, I'll make a thread ASAP!

pheobe
#1 Fan

Postby pheobe » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:33 pm

TV Guide has a new spoiler! Apparently it's Ella who's doing the meddling with Aria and Ezra. She sets her daughter's love up with Simone. :D

Since Aria and Ezra reconnected in last season's finale of Pretty Little Liars, will they be a couple this season? — Megan
MICKEY: Aria and her English teacher will continue to explore their relationship, but look for Aria's old babysitter, Simone (Alona Tal), to come between them when Aria's mom sets Simone up with Ezra. Mother couldn't possibly know about her daughter's secret fling, could she?

Source

Mich_hmc
A fan

pll for peoples' choice awards

Postby Mich_hmc » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:58 pm

don't forget to vote pll. We still have until Dec7
#PLL for Teen Choice Awards --
>> http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/vote/votenow.jsp
<Leo> You're gonna forge my
birth certificate.
<Piper> No. Just going to