Pretty Little Liars: News, Spoilers & General talk

Holly's latest project: ABC Family network TV show based on the Pretty Little Liars series of young adult novels by Sara Shepard. 22 episodes have been ordered so far. <b>Season 3 starts on June 5th (2012) at 8/7c on ABC Family!</b>
pheobe
#1 Fan

Pretty Little Liars: News, Spoilers & General talk

Postby pheobe » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:48 pm

PLL is moving back to Tuesdays for its second season, ABC Family announced today! The time slot is still 8/7c pm.

Season one ends on March 21st, so it's not a very long wait for the next season - one week less than three months.

---
Note: If you find any season 2 details or spoilers for PLL/Ella, please post them here in the future. Thanks!
Last edited by pheobe on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
HollyMarieCombs.info staff member

pheobe
#1 Fan

Postby pheobe » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:14 am

Zap2it had a chat with executive producer I. Marlene King and she revealed some information about season two that hints at storylines for Ella (in addition to making up her mind about Byron and their marriage as Aria told her to):

Ezra isn't Aria's teacher anymore, but he's still older than her. Will that be an issue in Season 2?

Oddly enough, in the state of Pennsylvania, it's only against the law for a 16 year-old to be with someone over 21 years-old if they're a teacher. It's a weird law, but once he goes to Hollis College, it's not illegal anymore. I think the age of consent in Pennsylvania is 15, so it's not going to be this big, black cloud looming over them. It's actually part of the story that we want to start to play out, which is at what point and time would Aria tell her parents? More of that kind of drama as opposed to this is an illegal thing that we're doing.

Finally, how would you compare Season 2 to Season 1?

I think Season 1 was very much about about who killed Alison and Season 2 starts off still very much about that but then we make a shift to 'Who is 'A'?'"

An interesting storyline that's going to be in the first 12 episodes is when we come back in the premiere all the parents get together because it seems like the girls have this unhealthy obsession with trying to pin Alison's murder on Ian. Their parents get together and force them to see a therapist to deal with their issues about Alison and this unhealthy obsession with Ian. The therapist is going to play a large role in the summer season and the therapist is going to be someone they think about being honest about 'A' with.

Source

pheobe
#1 Fan

Postby pheobe » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Rocky waters lie ahead for the Montgomery family as season 2 will see a new development that will lay the groudwork for even more drama and -- of course -- secrets!

From Wetpaint wrote:Producer Oliver Goldstick recently revealed, "[Aria's] family is going to experience another small earthquake. We're not going to give away too much but something does happen to the Montgomery house, which drives a lot of stories for us and a lot of secrets in Season 2."

pheobe
#1 Fan

Postby pheobe » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:57 am

hollywoodreporter.com had a chat with executive producer Oliver Goldstick, here's the relevant part:
THR: Will the parents play a larger role this season?

Goldstick: Toward the end, because there are so many characters to serve in the series, it’s a conundrum. There’s a wealth of stories to tell and then when it comes down to it, the mystery and romance become very important. The parents are integral to these stories, but they don’t know about the “A” of it all or the mystery because they can’t know about it yet, but I will tell you that Pam Fields (Nia Peeples) has a lot to do in the first episodes back this season. The Fields are moving to Texas so she’s pretty prominent. Ella (Holly Marie Combs) and Byron (Chad Lowe) are back together living together but there’s going to be a new crisis in their family and at least one new secret that could break them up or at least destroy the family – and it’s not about their marriage or their fidelity.

Not marriage, not fidelity... what could it be...? It was recently revealed Aria's bro, Mike is going to cause some trouble and 'show his darker side', could that be it? We have already seen him acting up prompt an argument between his parents...

pheobe
#1 Fan

Postby pheobe » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:49 pm

Annabeth Gish (Dr. Anne Sullivan) was interviewed by Wetpaint recently:
How is it to work with the other four “grown-ups” on set? Is there anyone you’d like to work with on the set who you haven’t had scenes with yet?
I just finished an episode that Chad Lowe (Byron Montgomery) directed and I had a scene with Holly Marie Combs (Ella Montgomery), which was lovely. She and I have sort of been working for a very long time and had never met, but I always knew of her work. She’s also juggling motherhood and a working career like I am, so it was very refreshing to work with her as well. I have not yet seen Nia [Peeples] (Pam Fields), but Nia and I worked together a long time ago on a short-lived series called Courthouse. It must have been ’94 or ‘95.

pheobe
#1 Fan

Postby pheobe » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:34 pm

Cougar action for Ella? :twisted:

The Insider has a spoileriffic article on season 2 of PLL. The summer finale will have a Ella/Ezra moment and showrunner Marlene King teases that they may reveal who 'A' is sooner than they had originally planned (the end of season 5 at first). The whole thing is well worth a read if you're not scared of getting seriously spoiled.

'Pretty Little Liars' Secrets Revealed!
BY: Jarett Wieselman (@JarettSays)
August 09, 2011

Why did Jason return to Rosewood? Who is hiding in the shadows of his house? Will he come in between Aria & Ezra?

Those are just a few of the questions Pretty Little Liars creator Marlene King promises will be revealed in the August 30 summer finale! "You’ll find out what ‘The Jason Thing’ is in the season finale. You will actually find out a lot of answers to a lot of the questions fans have about him," she tells TheInsider.com exclusively.

Ezria fans can also take heart knowing that Aria's entanglement with Allison's brother will also be resolved. "You have to have some sort of conflict," Marlene says about driving Jason between Ezra and Aria. "They can't be constantly perfect. But the love triangle will be resolved by the end of the summer season. That’s not to say it can’t be reintroduced in the next 12 [episodes] because there is a definite connection between Jason and Aria.

And it sounds like Aria won’t be the only Montgomery girl with love complications in the offing. "There is a huge Ezra/Ella moment in the summer finale -- it's kind of major," Marlene teases. But how will this season ender compare to the epic Bell Tower showdown from last year? "I think the bell tower asked a lot of questions, while this finale answers a lot of questions," Marlene adds.

But don't assume that means all will be resolved by the time August 30 rolls around. "After the finale, we'll come back in the winter but one month will have passed in Rosewood. And let me tell you, a lot happens in that month," Marlene says. "Fans will be playing catch-up in the winter premiere because the girls didn’t go off on their own. Life continued on and it's going to leave fans going, 'What?!? What?!? What?!?' The winter episodes are going to make season one look like bubble gum. Seriously, it’s really kick ass."

Also sure to work fans into a tizzy is a change to the initial PLL game plan. "Originally we talked about not giving up who A is until the very end of the show, but now we’re thinking it might be fun to move that up and reveal who it is much sooner," Marlene says.

But before A's identity can be revealed, PLL is going back -- way back -- for a special Halloween episode titled The First Secret. "It’s a prequel, not a flashback," Marlene says. "It takes place on the Halloween before Alison went missing and it is very much her story. We find out why Alison picked these girls to be her friends, what she’s getting from them and what they’re getting from her. Once you see it, you’ll understand why we're calling it The First Secret. It shows you many people’s first secret on the show."

As an added bonus, fans can expect some familiar Rosewood faces to pop up in The First Secret! "Ian didn’t know Aria at that time, but, we came up with a fun way to get him in the episode," Marlene reveals of Melissa’s not-so-dearly departed fiancé. "Unbeknownst to each other, Aria and Ian did meet before they met in the pilot. It’s almost like a Where’s Waldo kind of thing."

Pretty Little Liars airs Tuesdays at 8pm on ABC Family.

pheobe
#1 Fan

Postby pheobe » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:37 pm

Marlene King also <a href="https://twitter.com/#!/imarleneking/status/99705897198157824" target="blank">tweeted a spoiler</a> for the summer season:

@HDonoho does suffer an injury before the end of the season.

Uh-oh. Ominous. Is it because she's meddling where 'A' doesn't want her?

Shez
Admirer

Postby Shez » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:06 pm

pheobe wrote:Marlene King also <a href="https://twitter.com/#!/imarleneking/status/99705897198157824" target="blank">tweeted a spoiler</a> for the summer season:

@HDonoho does suffer an injury before the end of the season.

Uh-oh. Ominous. Is it because she's meddling where 'A' doesn't want her?

I bet it's something to do with Mike... I hope she doesn't get run over or something!
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”

Michael Jackson XxX

pheobe
#1 Fan

Postby pheobe » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:59 pm

Shez wrote:I bet it's something to do with Mike... I hope she doesn't get run over or something!

I hope not, it's getting really difficult to not hate his guts anyway. :P

It could come from anywhere, I guess. The parents are taking note of 'A' and [spoiler!] I bet the girls telling on their psycho-stalker really riled her/him/it up. It's gonna get hot for 'A'. At the same time it could be related to Mike mentioning he broke into Garrett's house to get a gun. It's been set up too nicely and seeing how Aria applied selective hearing, it's bound to come back. I think I'll make a poll.

ETA: There's a poll now.

pheobe
#1 Fan

Postby pheobe » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Showrunner Marlene King tweeted this spoiler:

Byron and Ella both pay a visit to Ezra's apt in 2b but it's a secret they keep from eAchother

https://twitter.com/#!/imarleneking/status/156147271992479744

pheobe
#1 Fan

Postby pheobe » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:59 pm

Huge spoilers from showrunner Marlene King!

AE: What about the love lives of the Pretty Little Moms? I love those ladies.
MK: The moms get to have a lot of fun with romance this year. It's not just the girls hooking up with the hotties. When we meet our characters in our Season 3 premiere, Byron and Ella are getting divorced and they've both comes to terms with it. Ella has started to date, and Ashley Marin is going to meet a new fellow who surprises her this season as well. It's definitely a relationship you would not expect.

Source

pheobe
#1 Fan

Postby pheobe » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:03 am

Showrunner Oliver Goldstick reveals some new spoilers about the "rebonding":

TVLINE | How are things going for “Ezria” now that they are out in the open? Is it smooth sailing?
Yes and no, because Aria’s got parents on very different pages when it comes to the Ezra Fitz of it all. Ella perpetrates a bit of a lie in an early arc, which actually ends up bonding her to Ezra. She was already more tolerant of him than Byron was, as we know, so it’s not a big reversal, but they end up bonding further. But we’re going to find out that Ezra is a pretty little liar, too.

Source

Return to “Pretty Little Liars”